Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A' Famosa Resort (WL)

Situated at Jalan Kemus, Simpang Empat, Alor Gajah, Malacca, the A’ Famosa Resort is a one stop leisure place for vacationer etc. The resort hotel consists of a Water World, Animal Safari, Cowboy Town, Equestrian Club and a Golf Course and it is only about an hour’s drive from Kuala Lumpur.

My family and I spend 3 days at this resort as my dad had to attend a meeting here. I asked Irna to go but she was not available though, busy preparing for her exams next year I think. Below are a few comments about this resort:

Positive Comments:
  1. It is really quite relaxing over here (No traffic jams, extreme noise etc
  2. It is cheap and affordable (The rooms I meant) – RM 180 per night for the condo-hotel
  3. The performance at the Cowboy Town is rather interesting. We paid RM30 per person for the performances (Not inclusive of the theatre world, other attractions etc)
    • The Red Indian show, the resort’s Musical Animal Parade and the fireworks display were good
  4. The chicken rice and hotplate noodle sold at the Water World were selling like hotcakes – RM 12 per set (inclusive of a can of soft drinks)
  5. Most of the employees of the resort that I met are friendly

    Other Comments:

      Food and drinks:

    1. Malacca is famous for their Baba-Nonya food BUT I can’t find any good food of that type in the resort. The buffet dinner at the Golfers Terrace Restaurant sucks though it looks good at 1st with variety of cuisine placed on the buffet table. The only things edible are basically watermelon and honeydew. We wasted RM45 per person that night.
    2. The sandwich served in the Beverly Hills Condotel Club House was cold and the mix vegetables were not defrosted properly. It takes the workers about 10 to 15 minutes to serve a glass of ice lemon tea and hot tea when there were no other customers waiting


      Water World:

    1. Hmm… Hmm… There’s a wave pool, adrenaline-pumping slides, tube rides etc and not to forget the 7-storey High Speed Slides. The High Speed slide was fun but the rest of the attractions are comparable to those in Sunway Lagoon.

*I tried the High Speed Slide and it was “okay”… I hesitate whether to go for the ride or not at 1st and I did give up. HAHA… But I saw a bunch of boys laughing so I got pissed and I went up. HEHE… Actually thank goodness I was not wearing my glasses because I wouldn’t have went up if I can see clearly. :D

Note:
You can find good Baba Nonya food at the Ole Sayang Restaurant at Taman Melaka Raya. If you’re staying at the A’ Famosa Resort and you don’t like the food, drive to the Tampin town which will take about 20 minutes. There are bakeries, fast food, Chinese food, Indian food restaurants all over.

The Main Entrance to the Hotel

Inside the Hotel

At the Wave Pool

A Performer - Carnival Street, Cowboy Town


There are not much pics because we took more videos instead. To go or not to go to A’ Famosa Resort Hotel? Go ahead but bring some snacks and dine out if possible.

Okay, that’s pretty much all about my trip to Malacca. I am still waiting for Irna’s post about the trip to KL. She’s waiting for her comp to be fixed as it failed to work due to excessive heating.

No comments: